Saturday, June 13, 2009

Paper Bag Scrapbook

We had so much fun! One person made an actual scrapbook for fathers day, and everyone else made a baby book. Some others had some cute ideas for the inside, making "split pages" (like I did on the black and white), for the dark & light browns, greens and blues. I made this at the workshop for myself...actually as a gift for our neighbors little girl, born that same day!

Side profile of the little 3D ladybug, it's just adorable

Then the next day (today actually), I got this one done, for my new little nephew. Notice my catering to Canadian spelling! Looks perfect! I tried to give this one a little more of a boy feel, so I used paper tabs for the pull outs instead of ribbon. And cookie monster was the only thing I could think of to make for the front that was boy-ish. His eyes are made with buttons, to give them a 3D effect, the white part only, then I put black paper over that for the centers.

A back view with a pull out. I am so in love with these, I am about to make another one for Brinley, a baby due soon. I hope I'm not the only one finding these just adorable!

An inside shot with a ribbon pull out.

No comments: