Thursday, December 11, 2008

Stamping Workshop

This is the first workshop of this type that I am doing. I would like to start something like this on a monthly basis, and the cost would vary from $5 - $15, depending on the project we are making. It is not a "party", so there is no "sales pitch" from me, although I will always have catalogues available to browse through. It's just a time to get together, learn something new, make something cool, and eat!

I will be showing you, as we all go along together, how to do these new techniques. There will be paper, ink and stamp choices, so we don't have to make identical projects. All paper, ribbon, embellishments etc, is included in the cost, but please bring your own adhesive and a paper cutter and craft scissors if you have them to share (I have 2 paper cutters and 4 craft scissors, but the more the merrier, it saves time!)

I will be teaching 2 new techniques called masking, and something really cool called reverse spotlighting. We will be making a card (showing reverse spotlighting), with multiple layers of paper, ribbon, and greeting. It's a very beautiful and impressive card! And we will also make a "3D project", which will be a note or gift card holder, using envelopes, raffia and a paper crimper! It's a really cute way to give a note, or IOU coupon to a friend. We will show the masking technique on this one, and when the night is over we'll have 2 things to take home and show off our new skills! See a sneak peak here!

Cost: $7
What to bring: Adhesive (and a paper cutter and craft scissors, if you have them)
When: Friday, January 23rd- 7:30 to 9:30
Where: My house (924 Hugo St)

Please RSVP so I have enough space for everyone

No comments: