Friday, May 24, 2013

As You Wish

I painted a 7x14 canvas with grey acrylic paint I had on hand. Let Dry.

I picked a font in Word, it was called "Impact" and I made it font size 230. This would fit well with my dimensions. I printed the letters onto 80lb cardstock and cut them out.

I placed them on the canvas, where I wanted them, and painted over the edges with grey paint. To help the other colour from seeping in, and to hold the letter in place so it would not move around. Hands get a little messy doing this:-)
I quickly dried the canvas in front of a fan for a few minutes, then I mixed my other colour...I used a lighter blue and a brighter turquoise to make a new shade of turquoise.

Paint over everything.

While paint is still wet, very carefully remove the letters. I used a very sharp exacto style knife to get under an edge and raise it up for removal. Be careful not to cut or poke through the canvas.
the letters, removed
Let dry.

I roughed up the canvas and paint with a piece of sandpaper (unknown grit, from garage). It was really, actually, not a very fine grit, but pretty rough. I was light with my touch so as not to remove too much paint, but just enough to scuff it up and make it worn.
Add caption

All done. Now where to place it?
I really really love it!!


No comments: